Friday, April 25, 2008

macro 24 of 30: green cuff detail


green cuff detail
Originally uploaded by djbebe
Tomorrow night we're going to a friend's first solo art show, somewhere in the country, so I decided I needed something new and fabulous to wear. This is the result - green and brown cuff, featuring velvet ribbons and some sort of smocked knit fabric that came in the latest big box of fabric sample discards from Lyssy May. I finally had time and courage enough to open it. Them, actually, there were two. I think the side you can see here is meant to be the inside of the fabric, but I liked the more structural look of this side. More on flickr if you care to see the finished product. Inspired, I think, by Ms brown sparrow who I just discovered this week.

1 comment:

raining sheep said...

Beautiful color on that...I love green and conveniently is the this months project spectrum 2008 color.