Friday, November 30, 2007

sparkles for opening night


brown and gold sequin cuff
Originally uploaded by djbebe
Well tonight is the opening of the Re-Creations exhibition and, as usual, I decided at the last minute that I absolutely must make something new to wear. I quickly discarded the idea of making a fabulous new blouse or dress - too risky. What if it turns out bad, leaving me with no time for plan B? So, I got out this box of fabric samples that I was given by Lyssy May who recklessly ignores my fabric diet - anyone doing a project that requires small rectangles of tweed or taffeta? I've got a few to spare... Anyway I found some gems in there and managed to make this cuff which I think is quite fabulous. Having something new to wear is like a secret talisman that will keep me safe through the nerves of crowds and meeting new people. Plus, it's brown, and it's got sequins! Two of my favourite things.

2 comments:

alison said...

course you have to have something new, otherwise it's not as much fun.

(ps sorry for schizo posting names - I blame blogger)

Kate said...

Love the cuff - you always need a few sparkles!