Monday, August 06, 2007

reverse garbage and old-school cinema


I had a super excellent weekend - starting with Friday off and a visit with HandyMan and ex-bridesmaid Sponky to various fabric stores and spare car parts shops (something for everyone!), Lyssy May's shop and - finally got there - Reverse Garbage. I've been meaning to visit Reverse Garbage for a while and I read about an art exhibition here so decided to have a look. I love making things from recycled or rescued materials so it was right up my alley. The art exhibition was small but interesting, and I found some fabrics that have reuse potential - though I think the art exhibitionists may have cleaned out the haberdashery section! Worth a look for supplies if you're in Brisbane and don't have anything specific in mind.

And then, on Saturday night we finally got around to going to Toowoomba's Icon Cinema where one weekend each month they show old movies from the 30's and 40's and you sit in old bench seats with a blanket over your knees and watch a pre-movie serial and drink wine and have intermission. Intermission! Fabulous. I can't believe we haven't been before. We saw Mr Deeds goes to Town, and it was sweet and funny and starred the handsome Gary Cooper.

And Sunday, I had the whole day to myself in my craft room, and got lots of things done.

1 comment:

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog - I've seen your gorgeous things on MadeIt! Isn't it great having an outlet like this one to maybe sell stuff? Love Reverse Garbage for a good rumage.