- even if you put on a kilo or two they still fit comfortably
- cool and breezy, and satisfy almost any dress code
- simply fold over the top for adjustable length
- can also be used as a blanket, nanna-type knee rug, sunshade or neck-pillow
- easiest thing in the world to make - no darts, buttons, zips, sleeves, plackets, pleats, facings - not a curve in sight
- if you sit in something that leaves an embarrassing stain, just turn the garment upside down - stain gone - or at least moved to somewhere less embarrassing
Big shout out to Betty Sue, who brought me some fabulous fabric from India which I didn't make into anything for ages because I didn't want to make something that I might not like. So the other day I just hemmed the edges and voila - the best looking sarong in town. And if I find a pattern one day that I want to make it into something else, I still can because I didn't need to use my scissors at all.