Saturday, January 10, 2009

a clutch of clutches


a clutch of clutches
Originally uploaded by djbebe
It's only 10 days (eek!) before I have to go back to work - that will definitely be a shock to the system! Hence, in an attempt to make the most of my remaining free time, I've been experimenting with new patterns. Exhibit A, the pleated clutch. That red lycra make anyone else want to put on thigh high boots and grab a whip? Some of the others are a bit more sensible and/or tweedy, but that red one just screams out of the pile.

Yesterday I also planted some snakebeans, cooked a silverbeet dish that was actually tasty (lots of spices) and cleaned out my second drawer down (''cause not everything was fitting in there any more -any Tripod fans out there?) The weirdest thing I found in there was a "Good morning" stamp for your toast. With a forcibly cheery sun on it. I think if that toast came at me too early it could just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Not saying I'm not a morning person, I'm just more human once I've had a cup of tea and some quiet time.

Enough rambling. Before I tell the story of that awful trip to the Falls Festival where Tripod were almost the only good thing, go check out edward and lilly's Saturday shopping list. edward and lilly make fabulous things, like this chic boots zipper pouch - speaking of boots - and one of my velvet cuffs was lucky enough to feature in this Saturday's shopping list.

1 comment:

ellie said...

I hope you enjoy your last week before you head back to the "reality" of work. Lots more sewing, and boot/whip dreaming!
Take care, Ellie