Thursday, June 08, 2006

cat neighbours

I woke up this morning to the sound of my cat talking to somebody. Normally he wakes me up by jumping on the bed and biting my feet, or jumping up onto the bedside table and sliding stuff around, so I immediately got up to investigate. I found him having a staring competition through the glass door in the living room, with a massive ginger cat (I’ll call him Heinz – big, red) that has been hanging around ever since we moved in. They met the other day through a screen door and after a period of adjustment (Calico scared and puffed up, Heinz staring), they started talking to each other. Heinz is far too well-fed to be homeless (so fat you can’t see his colar) and he acts like he’s been in our house before. Heinz isn’t scared of Calico – seems to be waiting for him to come out and play – just stares and stares – it’s kinda creepy. Not sure what will happen when they meet without a door between them… But I’m taking Calico for his first outside walk this afternoon. On a lead.

No comments: